At Monash Ultrasound for Women our primary concern is, and always will be the health and safety of our patients and our team. In light of recent news on COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we are writing to update you with the specific actions we are taking to ensure your health and safety. To minimise the chance of you and our team being infected by COVID-19 we are asking for your assistance by following the instructions below:
• Firstly, we ask that you do not attend if you have cold/viral/flu symptoms, have travelled overseas within the last 14 days, or have had contact with a known COVID-19 case. Please ring us to change your appointment and we will accommodate you as best we can. While we understand this delay may cause stress to some patients, it is an unavoidable restriction necessary to minimise the chance of other patients and staff contracting COVID-19.
• Patients who are pregnant will be allowed to have one other person, either their partner or a support person, attend the appointment with them.
• We ask you to sanitise your hands when arriving at our clinic. Some of our clinics are located in hospitals with sanitiser at the entrance, please use it as you walk in. All of our clinics have hand sanitiser at the reception desk and we ask you to please use it on arrival.
• We encourage you to bring your own water bottle. We have temporarily removed water dispensers, toys and magazines from our waiting rooms.
• Please do not bring children into the ultrasound practice.
• Please note – it is a requirement that all patients and their partner/support person wear a mask while in the clinic.
COVID-19 typically presents with a fever, shortness of breath, dry cough and muscle aches and pains – symptoms more similar to the flu than a common cold. If you have any of these symptoms, especially if you have had contact with another person with known COVID-19, we would ask that you not attend Monash Ultrasound for Women and instead present to a COVID-19 clinic, “fever clinic” or hospital for assessment. Monash Ultrasound for Women is not equipped to test patients for COVID-19.
Upon presentation for all appointments at Monash Ultrasound for Women you will notice a series of initiatives that we have commenced to reduce the risk of spreading the COVID-19 to you and others. This will include increased frequency of cleaning of all high risk surfaces such as handrails, door handles and EFTPOS machines. On occasions, if the waiting room is full, after presenting to reception we may ask you to wait in your car to ensure we comply with physical distancing requirements. All patients and partners/support people will have their temperature taken upon arrival at the clinic, with the partner/support person’s contact details being recorded so as to facilitate contact tracing if required. We understand that many of our patients may find this intrusive, but we ask for your patience as Monash Ultrasound for Women takes its duty of care to our patients and staff very seriously.
We thank you in advance for assisting our Monash Ultrasound for Women team during this time. We will update this policy as more information becomes available. Please contact one of our clinics if you have any questions or concerns.
Dr Simon Meagher